Botox® refers to an injectable cosmetic treatment used to effectively reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face. The safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been described in more than 528 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
How does Botox work ?
Explained simply, when injected directly into the muscle, Botox® blocks the muscle’s nerve signals and temporarily relaxes/ weakened it. When the muscle is relaxed, dynamic wrinkles caused by muscle movement soften, dissipate, or disappear completely.
Even though Botox in a safe & non invasive procedure , it is CRUCIAL to get doctors/ professionals that know what they’re doing and willing to listen/ discuss about your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis thoroughly. All the doctors and staffs in Upscale Bali are well trained and highly skilled as well as experienced in doing this.
The virtues of botox :
- Treatment requires minimal downtime. You can return to your daily routine immediately after
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines. Full results start to show after 2 – 4 weeks
- It delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines
- No to very minimum pain, some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch, the professional/ doctor may use ice to numb the treatment area. Or, if you are concerned about discomfort, the doctor may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
- Remember that results vary from patient to patient though, so your physician will plan your next appointment based on your results and aesthetic goals.
Botox is approved to be used/ treat:
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Horizontal lines on the forehead
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows
- Pebble / dimpled chin
- Bunny lines
- Gummy smile
- Can do brow lift
- Hyperhidrosis ( excessive sweating )
The DON’Ts after Botox :
- Do not rub or massage the treated area and avoid make-up if possible.
- Avoid sleeping on your face the first night
- Do not exercise or partake in any strenuous activity for the next 12 hrs
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption for the next 24hrs
- Do not have any beauty treatments on your face e.g. facials, facial massage for 2 weeks- this may cause the injected solution to spread to nearby muscles.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, very cold temperatures and saunas for the next 2 weeks
The amount of Botox® you’ll need depends entirely on a few contributing factors. These include: the type of wrinkles you’d like to treat, your unique/ specific aesthetics goals, the degree oof muscle movement on your face/ that you have, the number of times you’ve had botox in the past, your health history.